Quaker State Construction knows how important helping the environment is and supports our customer’s desires for eco-friendly building materials. Many of the name-brand manufacturers share that same concern – That’s why many of the products we use are considered a green alternative.
Below are just a few of the reasons why our products are a good choice to help create not only great living space but an eco-friendly one as well.
[Download the Trex® & LEED® Green Building Rating System™ (.PDF)]
- Trex keeps some 300,000 tons of plastic and wood scrap out of landfills every year.
- That comes to about 600,000,000 pounds saved annually
- NO TREES ARE CUT DOWN for the purpose of making Trex. Our wood comes from:
- Reclaimed wood from woodworking operations
- Used pallets
- Sawdust (300 million pounds a year)
- Trex recycles all forms of polyethylene.
- Trex is one of the largest plastic bag recyclers in the United States.
- Grocery/Retail/Drug Stores
- 7 out of every 10 recycled grocery bags in the U.S. end up at Trex (about 1.5 billion per year)
- Industrial Accounts
- Agricultural Operations
- Food & Beverage Plants
- Government Agencies
- Colleges & Universities
- Bulk Pellets/Flake & Densified
- Our manufacturing process is as green as our final product.
- Trex trailers used to transport wood dust utilize vegetable-based oil hydraulics
- Our proprietary processing method eliminates smokestacks
- Factory runoff/refuse is recycled back into the manufacturing line
- As much as possible, Trex packaging is made from recycled paper and plastic.
- We regularly seek out third-party audits to make sure we’re continuously improving our green practices while meeting all environmental, health and safety guidelines and regulations.